Re: [gardeners] Taste and smell

Tue, 12 May 1998 07:34:33 -0700

Well, see, I don't even like Hawaiian pineapple. My favorite comes from the
island of Phuket in Thailand, right in the Andaman Sea. Once you've eaten
Phuket pineapple the rest tastes like, what I imagine, pig swill tastes like.
I'm the same by papaya, I eat the ones from the store but put them in a bag
until dead ripe. I ate my first papaya in Thailand about 20 years ago and after
that ate fruit plates for breakfast every morning.

As for flowers, my sense of smell is so screwed up by sinus infections and
allergies I'm lucky to smell anything. My wife exclaims over the "delicate"
odor of certain plants and I can't even smell them. Ah well, she can't eat hot
chiles but I can, nature compensates. <VBG>

George