Re: [gardeners] Cabbage varieties

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 11:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Catharine Vinson wrote:

> Qui Vive *likes* the bunnies. The bunnies *like* Quivers. They play
> together. The bunnies invite their relatives. Qui Vive herds them. I curse
> 'em...when I can quit laughing at the sight of a 120 pound Bouvier hopping
> along with a bevy of cottontails.

oh, oh.  Remember that tomato- and cucumber- harvesting springer I
had 20 years ago?  He liked bunnies, too.  Would even lie there and
let them eat out of the dog dish.  With the exception of The Stinker,
I don't think any of the current cats would bother to try to catch
bunnies... and Stinker is such a klutz I don't think he *could* catch one.
But at least the bunnies are convinced that our yard is a Bad Idea.
The cats are also useless on slugs, but I doubt QV is interested either.
;-)

Kay Lancaster    kay@fern.com
just west of Portland, OR; USDA zone 8 (polarfleece)