[gardeners] (Fwd) info search

Dee Dee (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 10:52:25 -0700

What do you all think?
Please cc replies to rth@inetnebr.com

Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 22:58:10 CDT
To:  dd@globalgarden.com
From:  THUNDERHAWK <rth@inetnebr.com>
Subject:  info search

Hi..I found your email at the globalgarden site, and thought I would
drop you a note-
I am a very novice gardener, and I live in Ne. - the area is considered
either  zone 4 or 5.
I am planning on running morning glories and moonflowers along a 60'
fence and a 10' picture window, both on the south side of my house.
I have ready a variety of info on propagating them -
Here are some of the things I saw advised:
Clip the ends of the seeds before planting or soaking.
Sandpaper the seed husks for the moonflowers before planting or soaking.
Soak them overnight in warm water.
Soak them in warm water until they sprout.
Soak them in warm water, then lay them out on wet paper towels until
they sprout.
Start them im peat pots, then transplant them in the peat pots.
That the peat pot route assures they will grow - but they will grow more
slowly and take forever to flower.
Do none of the above, and just toss 'em in the dirt, and keep the soil
moist.
AARRgghhhhhh.
So - I thought I would write you, and ask this:
Do you have any info on this that will resolve the confusion, and let me
get them planted???
Thanks...
Regina