Re: [gardeners] Annual Plumbago?

Matt Trahan (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 00:39:35 -0400

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 11:07:26 +0000
>From: "Catharine Vinson" <cvinson@cris.com>
>Subject: Re: [gardeners] Annual Plumbago?
>
>I'd think it would do fine...don't imagine your garage will get below 25F.
>Alternately, you could take cuttings and overwinter under lights. The
>plant grows really fast once it warms up. (ps - the less shade the
>better...it will put  greenery but few flowers if it's light
>starved).
>
>CAtharine

 We grow it as a tall staked vine/houseplant in winter. 5gal pot, 5' tall,
Got it for $20 in the fall!
 It looks like hell in the winter. Droops like a hydrangea when it's dry.
Drops leaves faster than a houseplant fig tree. Got maybe 4 blooms out of
it this winter.
 It's in a window corner, one full size East and South window, in the
upstairs bedroom, right next to the radiator(I know, not great).

Matt Trahan  <matttrahan@ecsu.campus.mci.net>
USDA zone 8, AHS heat zone 7, Sunset zone 31, northeastern N.C.