Re: [gardeners] Heat getting to Liz?

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:33:38 +0000

Catharine Vinson <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> All this talk of painting floors worries me. Next thing you know Liz will
> be moping, waxing, dusting, polishing and buffing.
>
> Liz, just because you aren't doing a lot of gardening this season is
> absolutely NO excuse to start cleaning the house <shudder>.

Okay, lemme explain.  You remember the last time my sisters visited
and I had this whole foul odor in the guestroom problem.  I put them
in the TV room and took the carpet our of the guestroom.  That left
paint spattered linoleum on the floor, one wall of the bedroom with a
wall finished (deliberately) in rough, 4" wide wood "facing" planks
and three walls in white.  The paint spattered linoleum is light
brown - dark beige with dark brown and white streaks.  It's also
spattered with white and green paint.

I want the room to look presentable and be mostly dog proof while not
spending a lot of money.  I figure I can paint the floor and seal it
with something, hang tab-top denim drapes, put a couple of Pier One
rattan cube tables in as nightstands, some colorful throw rugs from
Pier One (they have some nifty stuff and, as a stockholder, I suggest
that you all go check them out).  That way all our friends can have a
decent room to stay in when they visit and if their doggies have an
accident it's not a big deal.  Since it's the coolest room in the
house I have an idea that our son-to-be will want to hang out there.

Liz