RE: Southron heat wave was RE: [gardeners] Dante in Georgia

Myra Amler (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:09:18 -0400

You are right about the insects.  It seems like on pest crisis after
another:aphids, japanese beetles, fleas and mosiquitos.  I've made darn
sure that the dogs and cat have had their flea medicine as well as heart
worm prevention.  Even though the cat is an indoor cat, I don't want to
take any chances with her.

The poor farmers around here have had a bad time of it this year.  The
peach crop has suffered terribly because of our late freeze.  Local produce
has looked crummy this year.

Myra Amler
amler@mindspring.com
"Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?" Unknown