Re: [gardeners] squash borers

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 22:26:27 -0500

Hi Penny,
    Ask George, fried yellow squash, okra gumbo,Southern Peas ie Purple
Hull, Black Eyed, Crowder, Field, Cream. By the way there is at least 2
Japanese variety of turnips, one is all greens, the other is I think
called Tokyo Garden or Market. Its all white. If you have any German or
Jewish friends ask them about kohlrabi, I bet they know about it. and
turnips is a cool season/climate crop.
    By the way you said your professon influnced your families diet
towards Asian food. What is it if you don't mind me asking. I love Asian
food. I'm a painter.

Happy Gardening

Allen

Bastrop Co.,Tx