Re: [gardeners] Texians

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 22:36:06 +0000

George wrote:

> And I'm amazed at people who do one thing all of their lives. Some people,
> me, are just more curious than others. If I figure I can do it I give it a
> try. Never did heart surgery but willing to try if someone wants to
> volunteer. I watched the tapes on my bypass and figure I can do it if
> someone will donate an entire hospital and staff.

George, I gather I have given you great offense. I do apologize. I have
been less than tactful in my several attempts to gently point out that you
are not the only person on this list who has lead a rich and full life of
multiple accomplishments in many areas and hope that you would show more
interest in celebrating their accomplishments than advancing your own.

Life is indeed good. It's because of this fact that I have never
understood the attraction some persons appear to have for engaging in a
perpetual game of "Can You Top This." Maybe you would care to advance your
theory in this regard.

And yes, I have shown very poor manners in this note. I apologize to the
list members and will make no further  ad hominem commentary..

Catharine