Re: [gardeners] twtoe's question was Re: DeDe skins some taters

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 20:36:03 +0000

Bahzit, twtoe's (or whatever the case may be) writes:

>at the moment I appear to be growing hollyhocks, mulberry trees, tea
>roses, violets, wild grapes, soybeans, sunchokes, wild carrot, and sage.
>oh and the catnip decided to come up this year.

My, what a diverse collection of plant material bahzit. Did you mention
where you garden? One assumes a temperate zone , but one can never tell
when the correspondent fails to reveal his identity and physical location.
Or perhaps you have a virtual garden that's independent of space, time, and
the vagaries of Mother Nature.

Do tell, I know that I, for one, am all ears.

Catharine/Atlanta, USDA zone 7b
P.S. - By the way, which species of the Nepeta genus are you referencing?
Why ever would it not come up? All the members of the genus with which I am
familiar are reliably hardy. But then I am no expert. I will look forward
to hearing more.