RE: [gardeners] Sugar maple tree needs help

Seyfried,Alice (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 08:56:38 -0400

Thanks, Allan. Wow, I didn't think it would be so easy to infect a tree,
but that sounds like a very good possibility. I'll have her take a piece
to the county extension and see what they can find.  I have a hard time
believing that it's a natural decline in the tree. Like I said before,
it's always been incredibly healthy, and the problem appeared within a
couple months of the pruning.  They have not been having even a mild
drought, let alone a severe one.  On the contrary, I believe they've had
above average rainfall this year.  Will let you know what she finds out.

Alice
seyfried@oclc.org