Re: [gardeners] Frost!!!

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:18:01 -0600

At 12:13 PM 8/17/98 -0600, you wrote:
>On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:42:04 -0400, Cheryl & Erich Schaefer wrote:
>
>>You need a Schaefer Yarn frost blanket, Terry. :-) I'm always sorry to hear
>>about early frosts. The season is too short in the north as it is, wherever
>>it is! And this year everything has come and gone so early and so fast
>>(e.g. only a week or two of each type of berry) that I fear autumn will be
>>quite dull. Has anyone else heard predictions of a terrible winter to come?
>>Cheryl
>>
>>Cheryl Schaefer
>>schaefer @epix.net
>>Zone 5 in the fabulous Finger Lakes of NY
>
>Is this a new product Cheryl or a blanket I make from your gorgeous yarns?
>My, what a colorful picture that makes..A garden drapped in multicolored
>afagans. :-D
>
>Terry

Weathermen did say El Nino is usually followed by La Nina which means
unusual cold.  We're about due for our ten-year (decad-ennial?) excursion
below 20 degrees below zero F.  Let 'er rip!  Kill off some of our insex.
Make believers out of the people who think we have zone 7 temps.  Death to
euonymous-es!  Margaret