Re: [gardeners] Frost!!!

Cheryl & Erich Schaefer (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:41:43 -0400

>On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:42:04 -0400, Cheryl & Erich Schaefer wrote:
>
>>You need a Schaefer Yarn frost blanket, Terry. :-) I'm always sorry to hear
>>about early frosts. The season is too short in the north as it is, wherever
>>it is! And this year everything has come and gone so early and so fast
>>(e.g. only a week or two of each type of berry) that I fear autumn will be
>>quite dull. Has anyone else heard predictions of a terrible winter to come?
>>Cheryl
>>
>>Cheryl Schaefer
>>schaefer @epix.net
>>Zone 5 in the fabulous Finger Lakes of NY
>
>Is this a new product Cheryl or a blanket I make from your gorgeous yarns?
>My, what a colorful picture that makes..A garden drapped in multicolored
>afagans. :-D

I'm afraid one must knit it, Terry, but it would be prettier than the old,
torn blankets I use. I don't have an afghan made with my own yarn, would
you believe. Looks as though we'll all need extra blankets this winter, if
the info folks have heard proves correct. I have several hundred iris in
peat pots. I wonder if the basement or cold greenhouse would be better for
overwintering them. Anyone?