Re: [gardeners] Another corn newbie question

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 00:50:06 -0500

Hi Alice,
The best way for me is to wait until the silk is brown and dry to the touch.
As soon as this condition exist get your corn. It is at its peak for a short
time. It is also best if you can pick it when it has been cool. I try to
pick mine in the morning after it has been cool overnight. However most
gardening tips say pick your corn no more than 2 hours before you cook it
for the absolute best taste. Sometimes that isn't convenient, so pick when
you can and enjoy. Your 4 yr old will be delighted. I'd like to see that
face when he or she is eating that first corn on the cob from the garden.
Allen
Bastrop Co.,Tx