Re: [gardeners] fall garden

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 08:49:22 -0600

At 08:44 AM 9/1/98, you wrote:
>I think there's an old saying about something good comes from bad things so
>Bonnie helped you out. We've had several good, ie 1-2 inch, rains in the
>last month but nothing like we're used to. There are oak and pine trees
>dying because of lack of rain and we've had to water the plantings very
>frequently. I'm getting to old and stove up to be up on the roof cutting
>trees up and trying to wade through storm waters, we will cut out quickly
>if it gets bad. Don't really need to go by the bank, Miz Anne buries her
>money in the back yard in a Mason jar. ;-)
>
>George

George is trying to get someone to dig up his garden for him.  My Grandpa
buried his money in a mason jar during the 1930s, so he and Grandma could
take a winter vacation (he was a farmer).  Time for the vacation, dig up
the money.  Ouch!  The ground was frozen solid.  The bank he didn't trust
had to lend him the money.  Never did that again.  Margaret