Re: [gardeners] harvesting dry beans

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:52:22 -0500

Hi Margaret,
    I don't know what the experts might say, but I let mine dry on the vine
untill I the pods are real dry and brown. You have to be careful that you don't
let the pods split open and spill the beans. I also try to dry them a little
more in a dehydrator or real low temp in oven. I go by the feel of the bean. So
far no mold or mildew.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.,Tx