Re: [gardeners] Wednesday

Barbara J. Davis (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:53:39 -0500

Hello Allen,

Just this morning I was out in the damp grass looking over my newly
planted salad seed beds---nothing coming up yet---and I noticed there
were mosquitoes buzzing around.  I kept slapping until I hurried into
the house.  That's one thing, I guess, we can be thankful for this
summer.  The drought and excessive heat has discouraged mosquitoes.  I
didn't know there was Dengue Fever in Texas, although with mosquitoes
one can expect anything.  My husband and I both had Dengue Fever at the
same time when we were in Laos.  We were hospitalized for over a week
so I wouldn't think any doctor would consider it an inconsequential
disease.  It took us a month to recuperate.

Barbara Davis       zone 7/8       southwest of Fort Worth, TX