Re: [gardeners] garlic in Texas

Victoria Okeef (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:17:26 -0700 (PDT)

Chris,
 I started mine several years ago by buying bulbs from our local, summer
organic farmer's market. I saved some to eat and saved the biggest cloves
to plant. Since that time, I've always just held back enough to keep the
crop going. I've seen them in the nurseries here, but the cloves always
looked kind of scrawny. I was told that the bigger the clove the bigger
will be next year's bulb. It's worked that way for me.

Vicki in Seattle