Re: [gardeners] Lemon Drop chiles

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 07:03:35 +0000

Cynthia Mayeaux <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> George, these sound interesting.  I've been making some ristra's with some
> little red chiles (don't know the name).  Since I've been listening to all
> the chile heads 'round here... I want to try more varieties.

You want to make some mini-ristras?  Even though I didn't plant a
garden this year, Margaret was kind enough to send a variety of
chiles with seeds, mostly of Asian origin, to me.  I got
a neighbor to grow them so I'd have the seed preserved for next year.
 At any rate, Prik y nu (ya gotta sound it out -- no two references
spell it the same way) are the tiny, hotter than Hades chiles that
are used in the hotter varieties of Thai foods.  They run maybe 1/2
inch long.  Mini-ristra material.  If you're interested let me know
and I'll see if I can scrape togethor some seeds.

One great source of ristra pepper seeds are fresh ristras. There's a
purple, orange and yellow ristra I saw a couple of weeks ago that I'm
kicking myself for not buying just for the seeds.

Liz