Re: [gardeners] Lemon Drop chiles

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 06:11:34 -0400

At 07:03 AM 10/1/98 +0000, you wrote:
><snip>
> At any rate, Prik y nu (ya gotta sound it out -- no two references
>spell it the same way) are the tiny, hotter than Hades chiles that
>are used in the hotter varieties of Thai foods.  They run maybe 1/2
>inch long.  Mini-ristra material.  If you're interested let me know
>and I'll see if I can scrape togethor some seeds.

<snip>>
>Liz

Hi Liz, and thanks for the offer.  Yes, keep me in mind when these seeds
are ready.  If you have a few left over I'll be happy to take them.  As I
mentioned before, I have a ton of annual seeds that I'm starting to process...

My neighbor grew some habenero's this year and I made a few batches of
chile sauce with them.  Very tasty.   The Hab's do not seem to dry well
when strung up.  They get all black and nasty from the inside out.

Anyway... ristra's do not seem to be much in evidence in my neck of the
woods, everyone is still stuck on the (ugh) kuntry bunny rag dolls and
dressing up stupid cement geese.  I plan to start a new era in the midwest
and sell edible home decor...hmmm now that I think of it.... aren't bunnies
edible (oh gosh I can't believe I said that....please, bunny pet owners....
no flames.... just a joke).

When (if) you have seeds ready to go drop me a line and I'll get a SASE in
the mail to you.

Cynthia (who protected her 7 gourds last night... have you ever seen gourds
hanging from the vine wearing knitted stocking caps?...quite colorful)
**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **