Re: [gardeners] Definately one word. ;-)

Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:57:36

At 10:56 AM 10/12/98 -0600, you wrote:

>>Yep, that's about right.  I'm not quite a native, moved here when I was 3
>>from New Mexico.  My kids are natives, and they have at least 7 native
>>cousins in Colorado Springs.  Tell your sis to keep looking , they are
>>around.  Jane
>
>I was born in eastern Colo., and so was my Dad.  I remember people being
>excited about the immigration of California developers.  I didn't think
>Coloradans were going to see any profits from it, and Coloradans were shut
>out so fast it made their heads spin.  This was all before the term
>"Californicate" was coined.
>
>And by the way, I didn't say it was one woman from Beaumont, Liz, I said
>"women."  Big hair and jewels worn in multiples of 12.  More guts than a
>gummint mule.  They seemed to own all of the cabins at the Chautauqua site,
>and returned every summer.  I only worked at Chautauqua one summer, when I
>was about 11.  Margaret

Sounds like my eldest niece, the one with delusions of grandeur, about as
wide as she is tall, has big hair, and dresses like she's Mrs. Astor's
horse. How my big sister, who is a real person, could throw a kid like that
I'll never know. Maybe it's the social climber she married.

George