Re: [gardeners] Definately one word. ;-)

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 14:18:08 +0000

George Shirley <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> >From what I saw on the tube the other day lots of Californians are moving
> to Idaho, Washington, and Wyoming to escape high taxes and all the
> environmental laws. Maybe y'all will get the good ones.

One of our local rabble-rouser/militia-type folks, Beau Grits,
recently tried to shoot himself in the head but got his shoulder
by accident.  Beau's just starting to put togethor a militia to save
us from the incompetent (his word) US Army (the same incompetent US
Army from which he retired as a colonel). Beau says he's not sure how
he got his shoulder instead of his temple.  I hope he's not the one
giving teaching marksmanship to his militiamen.  Heard a rumor that
they're gonna be tying those Californicators to hay bales for use in
target practice but I'm pretty sure thats not true.  Pretty sure, not
positive.  Some of those folks tried to get a law passed making it
illegal for Fish and Game officials to carry guns.  That was after
they tried and failed to get a law passed declaring open season on
Fish & Game officials.

You know, Idaho might not have too many problems with Californians.
Might be enough loons here to protect the state.  Might even come out
better if the Californians do move in.

Liz