Re: [gardeners] Re:Scalleywags? Definately one word. ;-)

Barbara J. Davis (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:29:53 -0500

Actually, scalawag was a white southerner of the Reconstruction
period after the Civil War.  Since they were not often the most
upright individuals, colloquially, the term is now used to refer to a
scamp or trickster.

Gayle, Texas isn't a land state.  We have long stretches of the Gulf
of Mexico with ports.  Of course, there are also miles and miles and
acres and acres of land attached to that Gulf.

Barbara Davis       southwest of Ft. Worth, TX