Re: [gardeners] Re:Scalleywags? Definately one word. ;-)

drusus@golden.net (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:58:05 -0400

At 09:28 PM 12-10-98 -0600, you wrote:
>I seem to be missing something here.  I thought you were talking about
>Texans. A scalleywag is a British term for a tar gone adrift I think.
>I find it amusing that a land state would use such a term.  Please
>enlighten this prairie bound mountain shrouded soul what you call a
>scalleywag!!  Texas in the Caribbean is what I am envisioning!!
>
>Gayle

There seems always to have been a direct link between Texas and the navy.
Maritime Canadians tend to end up in  either the air force or the infantry.
 I think it's the greener grass syndrome.

Lucinda