[gardeners] Re: Kumquats

Bob Kirk (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 23:31:02 -0500 (CDT)

George wrote:

> The kumquats are starting to turn orange and we will probably eat the
> whole crop just standing around the dwarf tree. This is the kumquat's
> first year so the crop is not large.

   You're gonna EAT a kumquat? Or more than one, at least? Guess that means
the ones we see in the stores up here aren't the real thing, not surprising.
I always assumed they must be something people just sliced into punchbowls,
or used to lend interest to the corncob jelly.

BK---

   Never managed to gain unobserved access to a punchbowl long enough
   to introduce either a kumquat or a handful of unrolled condoms....