Re: [gardeners] Re: a hardy Pampas grass

Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:02:33 -0700

Pampas grass is used a lot in highway medians here and in Texas along
with oleander. Evidently it is winter hardy in zones 8 and up and makes
tremendous clumps capable of slowing down a car veering off the highway.
It also is a prodigious producer of "fluff" in the spring and a major
cause of allergy irritation. Ahh choo! It's still pretty.

George