Re: [gardeners] Saturday in the Garden

Sat, 28 Nov 1998 20:21:58 -0800

Michael & Bambi Cantrell wrote:

> >Worked on the greenhouse about 5 hours today along with my best friend.
> >We got all the bad studs, joists, and rafters replaced but it was a
> >chore. Nothing was cut to a standard size, the originals all varied by
> >up to 2 inches so everything had to be custom cut.
> >
> >George

If snow starts building up around here I'm gonna go further south. Brrr,
never could stand that stuff.

We got even closer to finishing today, got the new storm door on the
greenhouse and some extra bracing that had been omitted in the original
design. Tomorrow we put on the fiberglas and, if time permits, do the
wiring.

George
> Your best friend must be a great guy to deal with all of that for 5 hours,
> George!   So he'll be sharing greenhouse space with you?
> Or is he not at all interested in gardening?  ;-)

He has a short row, 10 feet long, where he grows chile plants I start
for him each spring plus I provide him with fresh produce year round.
He's got to help me, his three Shih tzu's love me and they'll scorn him
if he doesn't help. <VBG>

> Glad you're getting it close to up and running.  I'm sure you'll enjoy
> it immensely this winter!  :-)  Especially when the cold winds start to
> blow and the snow piles up around the house.   ;-)
>
> May you have gentle breezes, and soft rains this winter.
>
> Bambi
> Coastal Carolina

George