Re: [gardeners] Re: tools

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:15:18 -0800

On 9 Dec 98, at 21:10, Victoria Okeef wrote:

> Until recently, I've not found weeding and gloves to be
> compatible. Then I discovered kid gloves. Not garden gloves but the ones
> worn by the ladies who used to use those dainty sterling teaspoons.

> Vicki in Seattle

You've reminded me of my favorite story from the other side of
Washington state.  A gentleman of my acquaintance went to the
finest department store in Pullman, WA in order to purchase a pair
of opera length gloves as a gift for his mother.  After requesting that
to be shown their selection of kid gloves he was escorted to the
children's department.

Liz
who can recall when President Johnson's daughters arrived at a
formal affair wearing gloves and that the incident was noted in the
newspaper