Re: [gardeners] How warm has it been?

Sat, 12 Dec 1998 15:28:59 -0600

Up until a couple of days ago we were in the same boat except we don't feed
the tree rats. A norther blew in on Thursday morning and is still with us,
expected temps for tomorrow morning are high thirties followed by a high
for the day of 60 and then warming temps the rest of the week.

Got out today for a little bit and picked Longhorn and Thai Hot chiles and
will probably pick the last of the Mammoth leaf basil before the day ends.
Got Miz Anne a lemon of the Ponderosa and she has promised to make me a
lemon meringue pie tomorrow if I'm good. Sweating out what her definition
of good is as I made a big pot of venison chili yesterday and she has been
eating a lot of that. Hope she doesn't expect me to vacuum or wash windows
while she's gone this afternoon,  looking after a neighbors elderly mother
while the neighbor attends a wedding. The lady is afflicted with Alzheimers
but seems to do better when Miz Anne is around. I tell her it's because
they speak the same language. <VBG>

Other than that Miss Sleepy Dawg and I are staying close to the house and
the warmth.

George, who hates cold weather