Re: [gardeners] Catalogs

William McKay (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 06:21:29 PST

>At 08:05 PM 1/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>Does anyone have suggestions for finding European seed catalogs?
>>I have the few in Barton's book, Cyndi's list and two more.  A variety
of
>>web searches have not turned up any luck either.
>>
>>Sharon
>>gordonse@one.net

Try http://www.seedquest.com.  They have an enormous list of seed
companies listed by country (look in the white pages section).  Some of
these companies have web sites;  most of them have email addresses.  For
what it is worth, my experience in trying to buy direct is that the cost
of shipment makes it prohibitive.  If you are interested in Italian
seeds, Lake Valley Seeds in Boulder Colorado imports from Pagano, an
Italian company near Naples.  Cost is $2.50 per pack, but the packs are
pretty large (for example for their chard, you get 25 grams, almost an
ounce.)  Lo Speciale in Louisville also imports from a different Italian
company;  similar prices & sized packets.

B Mckay in E. Massachusetts