Re: [gardeners] Herbside gardening

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:51:54 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Harry Boswell wrote:

> I know I've asked this before, but I think
> this year I may really do the herbal thing.

Sorry to hear your daughter is growing up on you...
but I also hear that we daughters tend to get better
with age.  ;-)

As far as the herbs go, remember that most of the culinary
herbs are native to areas like the Mediterranean coast...
poor, well-drained soils, lots of sun, not a lot of rain.

My mother in law in Houston is finally able to grow herbs
after I pointed that out to her.  Most of her collection is
in strawberry jars set up on bricks.

Kay Lancaster   kay@fern.com  (in chilly USDA zone 8, with
                               snow possible, and mudslides
                               currently)