Re: [gardeners] Atlas cedar

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 20:46:46 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, David G Smith wrote:

> Speaking of tree suggestions, we're thinking about an atlas cedar for our
> front yard -- specifically, a weeping blue atlas cedar.  Anybody know
> anything about them?

Putting aside the fact that I dislike weeping trees, and assuming you've
got the room for a tree that'll hit 150 ft, I think Cedrus libani is
a gorgeous tree... though with that space, I'd probably opt for C. libani
'Mt. St. Catherine', which is a slow-growing, upright, glaucous (white
needled) form.  Will they make it in your part of the world?

Kay Lancaster    kay@fern.com
   just west of Portland, OR  USDA zone 8 (polarfleece)

ANNOUNCING:  Cyndi Johnson's catalog of gardening catalogs, 17th ed.
For info on obtaining any or all parts (free!) drop a note to
gardeninfo@fern.com