Re: [gardeners] Thursday - in the garden for a bit

John M Ford (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:10:35 -0500 (EST)

George Shirley wrote:

> I am, La Nina, is really messing up my spring. Hasn't been above 65F this week
> and nights have been as low as 39F. That's to cold for a SW Louisiana spring.

George,

Oooh, my heart bleeds!  Wednesday morning I had a low of 41F with still
air, but that was inside my house; outside it was considerably less
balmy (20F with steady winds 25-30 mph gusting to 45-50 mph).  It's
Friday AM and still do not have any rental electrons with which to
play; I do, however, have fewer shingles weighting down my roof.  Talk
about March coming in like a lion!  January and February were downright
balmy compared to this week!

Oh well, I guess spring will get _here_ eventually.  At any rate,
I'll get a taste of spring tomorrow when I go visit the Southern
Living Spring show in Charlotte NC - the landscaping displays are
always a nice taste of spring even if they are indoors.

John
in a most unsouthern-like southwest Virginie currently zone YUKK!