Re: [gardeners] soap

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 06:59:42 -0600

If you know were to still by dishSOAP please let me know.  Even Ivory liquid
is now a detergent not a soap.  Detergents although made on similar
principles as soap are much much harsher on plants and human skin.
Detergents work for aphids but at a greater risk for your plants I would
think.

Fels Naptha is soap with napthlene added.  Not something I would be
comfortable using on food plants.

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 07:11:25 -0500, Byron.Bromley wrote:

>My point of soap. I got flammed on another list for mentioning using
>dishsoap for aphids.
>
>A: The orignal soap was about the same as Fels Naptha
>     Recommended in many OG books
>     Pain in the butt to use
>
>B: Safers soap is a potassium based soap 4X the cost and
>    4x the amount needed as regular dish soap
>
>C: Regular dishsoap seems to be just as effective at 1/16th the
>    cost.
>
>A Yankee Tightwad
>Byron

Terry King                  North Central Eastern Washington
taeking@televar.com        USDA zone 4, Sunset Zone 1