Re: [gardeners] MA Plant out/TX Plant out

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 20:09:49 -0600

Hi Bryon,
    I am amazed when I read your post about your planting dates. Sometimes we
just don't realize how big this country is.
    My onions transplants need to be set out in Jan. My potatos have to be
planted in mid-Feb. Tomato, peppers, corn, beans, squash, cucumbers,
watermelons, muskmelons, eggplants, etc. need to be planted by mid-March. By
the 1st of June it is just too hot to plant any tomatos, beans, cucumbers,
eggplants. I can still plant okra, peanuts, sweet potatos, squash,
watermelons, and pumpkins.
    Spring time for you means dodging the snow and cold of a late winter.
Spring time for me means getting the garden planted in time to dodge the heat
of summer.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.
    SE Central Tx.