Re: [gardeners] Zoysia?

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 00:34:36 -0600

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:31:46 -0800 (PST), Kay Lancaster wrote:

>I dunno.  The fescues are some of the most shade tolerant grasses, but
>they're what we grew in shade in the midwest... west of the Cascades,
>they're grown in full sun and we grow moss in the shade.  ;-)  So I'm
>not sure if you've got enough sun to keep it going given the fir and
>spruce and the 3-4 hours of sun midsummer.  I'd talk to your extension
>people, as I'm not really sure what your climate is like...
>http://www.spokane-county.wsu.edu/garden/c054.htm for some
recommendations
>for the drier end of the state.

I neglected to mention that the area is fairly bright even though it doesn't
get that much direct light.

Last spring I must have sprinkled some red fescue seed on some icy spots
for traction as I had a patch that took me most of the summer to figure out
what it was and remember how it got there. :-)

Thanks Kay!

Terry King                  North Central Eastern Washington
taeking@televar.com        USDA zone 4, Sunset Zone 1
http://skybusiness.com/terraconnect/index.html