Re: [gardeners] Re: Pringles Pickle Chips

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:31:18 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Bob Kirk wrote:

>    Tremendously inefficient use of available volume; no way these would
> need to be [whatever the inverse of cored is] to fit the jar. Nor does
> there seem to be that much uniformity even from the top of each 3-4" stack
> to the bottom. Or (relatively speaking) that minimal a seed cavity.

Did the seeds look relatively normal?  I was wondering if they'd been
sprayed with cytokinins (like seedless grapes) to increase fruit size.
Guess I'd best take a look at 'em up close next time.  From a distance,
it looked like a slice would top a McDonald's size hamburger.

Kay Lancaster    kay@fern.com
   just west of Portland, OR  USDA zone 8 (polarfleece)