Re: [gardeners] garden stuff

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 20:55:23 -0500

Hi Penny,
    George and I have it made when it comes to gardening. Other than the
heat of the summer in July and August, most years we can garden about 10
months out of the year.
    I don't raise any radishes as they are not a popular item with my
family. Do your onions fail to bulb? If so you might want to try a "long day
variety".
    Last night just before dark I was thinning out the turnips and pulling
some green onions, I found a baby Cotton Tail Rabbit. He was so small his
ears were about the size of my thumb nail. He just sat there under some of
the potato plants while I worked my way past him.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.
    SE Central Tx.