Re: [gardeners] peat

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 07:34:27 -0500

Clavery,
    Peat is a whole lot easier to mix when its dry. It is much lighter and
breaks up easier. If you are going to plant something in a hole that you
have mixed soil and peat's together just fill the hole to ground level
with water, let it soak in. After planting your transplant, soak the soil
that you backfilled the hole with to get rid of air pockets and this
should help saturate the peat/soil mix.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.,
    SE Central Tx.