[gardeners] Re: Pink peas

bsk (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 02:25:13 -0500

  We grow Purple hull peas here in Central Ok. They fit the description below.  These
guys are the producingest little things ever! You pick and pick and they never quit!
The hotter it is the better! Some people are just lazy bones and don't pick until all
the beans on the bush are dry and sometimes the bush is to. They then pick or pull up
the bush place in a sack and smash away. When they are done they let the Oklahoma
wind blow away the hulls and trash and are left with the pea.
    Really  good eating and impressive for my then young son when we tried them. He
enjoyed the fact that you could pick them all then the next day get the same amount
it seems.

bsk