Re: [gardeners] Re: Troubleshooting the water timer

TAREE9595@aol.com (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 8 May 1999 14:48:43 EDT

In a message dated 5/8/99 11:18:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
djwarren@usit.net writes:

> When we built a house in California, it was standard to put a pressure
>  reducer in the line to the house lest the force do real damage.  Reason was
>  that this had been a rural area using a lot of water for groves and the
>  pressure was designed for mass delivery.  Worked fine for the avocado trees
>  and no real problem for the house as long as the house plumbing addressed
>  the problem.
>
>  Donna, Tennessee

I am in CA. And without a reducer you cannot use drip often. They do blow
apart. And valves do not last long at a high PSI even if you can get a
standard system up and running. SO the PRV is pretty standard.

taree