Re: [gardeners] Sunday in the garden

amler (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 21 May 1999 22:40:35 -0400

Thanks Ann.  I still have a few more pounds I want to lose. My next door
neighbor is on the Adkins diet too as is my best friend's husband.  My
neighbor has lost forty pounds (he started in December I think).  My
friend's husband has lost almost thirty pounds. I don't understand the part
about meat either.  It seems like to lose weight on that diet you have to
eat bacon!

At 08:28 AM 5/21/99 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/19/99 11:22:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>amler@mindspring.com writes:
>
>> Yes, I have been on a low-fat diet for about a month and a half now.  I
>>  have lost 25 pounds, but I really start craving FAT!!!  Isn't that
gross???
>>   I would like to smear mayo all over a ripe tomato, sprinkle with salt and
>>  pepper, put it on fresh white bread...heaven!
>
>Myra,
>You should be proud of yourself!  Losing that much is not an easy project.
>Congratulations.
>
>My husband is on that Adkins diet.  He has had high cholesterol in the past
>and it is now under control.  Can't imagine how with all the meat and fats
he
>is eating.  Best part is he has lost over 30 lbs now.  He has bacon for
>breakfast and coldcuts for lunch with no bread.  For dinner he eats whatever
>we make for the kids and forgoes the breads and desserts. (read fruit)  Best
>part is I have lost 10 lbs myself without dieting.  Course it has been
over a
>5 month period no a month and a half.
>
>I, for one, am proud of you.
>Anne in FL

Myra Amler
Charlotte,NC
"Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?" Unknown