[gardeners] Re:Garden soil

bsk (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 25 May 1999 18:17:17 -0500

My garden here in Oklahoma is anything but sandy! It is good for around here and the
2nd time it has been worked in 50 years. It seems to get better each time we work
it. Last years cattle feeding in there helped a bunch.
      I learned that whoever planted the old pear trees on the west side of the
garden were really smart. I also have some trees on the south side of the 100 x 60??
garden spot. I found out real quick this Oklahoma heat is a whole new critter for
me. That little bit of shade and wind break can save the day here. Now if I could
just get the water out of the well to the garden there!

bsk