Re: [gardeners] cutting timbers

Thu, 03 Jun 1999 09:06:05 -0500

Byron wrote:

> Here's another alternative. A sawzall, will cut these timbers, less noisy
> less costly and over a lifetime a more useable tool. Can be rented at a lot
> of rental shops.
>
> Byron

That's a good suggestion Byron, I had forgotten about the sawzall. Should have
remembered as I helped a friend of mine use his sawzall in January to make some
raised beds alongside his driveway. Proper blade and it cut the treated timbers
with little fuss and less noise than my big power saw or the chainsaw. We cut
them over a plastic tarp and then dumped the sawdust into the trash can. We
also wore goggles and dust masks just in case.

George