Re: [gardeners] hmmmmm

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 16:40:53 -0500

Hi,
    If you can keep that tomato branch from wilting it will grow roots. Bury
the stem of the branch nearly to the next set of branches/leaves. Tomato plants
have the ability to root along their stems.
    As far as composting tomato plants, if they have no sign of disease, it
might be ok. I don't do it just in case I missed something. The mature stems of
tomatos are pretty tough. It would take a nice hot compost to break it down.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.
    SE Central Tx.