Re: [gardeners] No rain...???

Ron Hay (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:02:54 -0700

Hi, Kay,

We in L.A.'s San Fernando Valley are in for two more months of HEAT. It was in
the high 90s and 100s all last week. We got a break yesterday, and will likely
not have to run a/c all week. Beefmasters are coming in at between 1 and 2 lbs
apiece. Artichokes are growing for their second go-round, and the fire-engine-red
serrano chiles are almost too pretty to eat.

I, too, am looking forward to cooler weather, but also enjoy a garden that keeps
on going and going and going, like the Energizer bunny:)

Ron
Van Nuys, CA