Re: [gardeners] webtv - Internet killer

Sun, 17 Oct 1999 13:43:28 -0500

margaret lauterbach wrote:

> If any of you have friends or relatives contemplating signing up with
> Webtv, tell them that this is an organization that could kill Internet. For
> some mysterious reason, I cannot communicate with friends in Colorado
> because Webtv has decided I'm spamming them. I am not. My friends were
> shocked when I told them that, and they asked what spamming was. The
> "reason" Webtv gives is that it's a Webtv decision (Bull -- I have local
> friends on Webtv, and their mail goes through without problem), and the URL
> they give to get the answer takes six minutes to download, using a 56 K
> modem, and all it does is give a list of all of the posts that are banned.
>
> Am I steamed? You bet. Margaret L

The list is having the same problem with an ISP in Canada. They have
decided that globalgarden is a spammer so they won't allow a long-term
member to receive mail at her old address anymore.

It may not be you Margaret, it may be your ISP. Some of the ISP's use a
software that bans any pass through ISP and calls them spammers. Guess
they never heard of mailing lists.

George, also steamed