Re: [gardeners] Tree Time

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:01:59 -0600

Dorsett wrote:

> The tree went up last Sunday, and the *whole* *process* was a real mess.
>
> I started out with the big tree stand.  It wobbled.  It bobbed and weaved.
> This would not do.  I got out the little tree stand...but it's been twenty
> years since we *had* a little tree, and the parts had separated.  I
> discovered that trees don't stay up very well without 'O' rings, either.
> Finally, I had it in a kind of stasis and it was time for ornaments.  But.
> They. Looked. As. Tired. As. I. Felt.  I did find the 'O' ring, though.
>
> I had some fabric poinsettias and little picks...by golly, they looked good,
> if sparse.  The local craft shop was selling Chrismas silk flowers at 50%
> off.  I bought some sprays in white, silver, and red.  Then the tree started
> to fall...Dan held it while I installed the ring.  Then we put the extra
> flowers on.  The only other ornaments are the angel that graced our very
> first Christmas tree, a lighted church to remember our reason for the
> season, a fawn in a twig wreath, and three twin brooms to sweep our troubles
> away.  ....and we have a tree.
>
> Barb in Southern Indiana  Zone 5/6  dorsett@blueriver.net
>   A root is a flower that disdains fame.

Ours is still in the box in the living room. Miz Anne intends to put it
up when she gets back from putting up the decorations at the church. We
only have the 3 foot tall artificial tree since the kids grew up and
left home. My lovely daughter just came in from Houston, her kids are
with their dad in Montana. It will be the three of us for the holiday.

George