Re: [gardeners] shuttle and other stuff

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:43:58 -0600

Hi Penny,
    I think the plasma trail is caused by friction with the surface of the
shuttle and the atmosphere. The one we saw in July was awesome. It was so
vivid that you could see where the shuttle hit rough spots in the
atmosphere, like bumps in the road. You can also hear the roar as it goes
by.
    Last night, the sky was too light to see the plasma trail. The shuttle
itself looked like a shooting star. We could hear the rumbling/roar as it
went by.
    Judy and I have really appreciated being able to see two such
magnificent events just before the change to the new century.
    The big hoopla about the new millennia has heighten our awareness of the
natural phenomena around us.
    You are right, it is an abomination to put raisins in grits.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.
    SE Central Tx.