Re: [gardeners] In the kitchen on Saturday

Sun, 09 Jan 2000 09:15:13 -0600

Michael & Bambi Cantrell wrote:

> Your soup sounds wonderful, George.  But, please define
> "winter".   :-)    Or do you never get to eat that delicious soup? :-)
>
> Bambi
> Coastal Carolina
>
> >You know the kind of soup I'm talking about Penny, back of the stove,
> >winter day, feels like home, comfort food.
> >
> >George

Down here winter is the last 10 days of December through about the
middle of February. Winter is also designated as the time of the year
you DON'T run your air conditioner. We eat soup year around. Since I'm
the designated cook, and I can get pretty lazy, I'll fix a pot of soup
and we'll eat on it for two or three days. <VBG>

George