Re: [gardeners] Daiqueris

ronhay (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:06:43 -0800

Hello, Penny, and to all my friends here!

Vivian and I suffered a major system crash the day after Christmas, in the
couse of backing up our files on a Zip drive, before installing Win98. It's a
long story, and a long road to recovery, but we are back online!

Penny, membrysanthems are ice plant, a thickly-branched succulent that we
often use to hold slopes and retard fire danger. They originate in South
Africa and have bright, daisy-like flowers. When massed in mid winter, they
are simply breathtaking, so vivid are their colors. Often, in the Santa
Monica Mountains and Hollywood Hills, one sees whole hillsides ablaze with
color this time of year.

This morning I picked up 7 more large passion fruit from the ground. Looking
for where they have landed is very much like hunting for Easter eggs.

The taste of a passion fruit daiquiri is so  unique, that I would recommend
you hunting in the freezer case of your supermarket for frozen juice.

The recipe is as follows:3/4 c passion fruit juice, bottled, frozen, or about
15 fresh.
2/3 c light rum
6 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar ( I used raw sugar last time)
3 cups of crushed ice.

Put all in a blender and give it a whirl.

Enjoy!

Ron